The Alliance hosts monthly national webinars supported by various funders including the Office of Violence Against Women (OVW) and Verizon. These webinars include training on subject specific matter or those related to the field of family violence and the role of Family Justice Centers in providing wraparound services to clients.
What We Learned in 2016: Updates from the Training Institute on Strangulation Prevention
Monday, January 9, 2017 at 10am PST
Strangulation impacts all professionals working on sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence and stalking cases. Today, we know unequivocally that strangulation is one of the most lethal forms of domestic violence. Unconsciousness may occur within seconds and death within minutes.
During this webinar, Casey Gwinn, JD, Gael Strack, JD and Bill Smock, MD will discuss lessons learned, best practices, and resources available for family violence and sexual assault professionals. Subtopics will include:
- Findings from our survivor focus group
- New Medical Radiological Evaluation Recommendations from the Medical Advisory Board
- Best practices for identifying, documenting, investigating, and prosecuting strangulation cases
- Emerging issues in the field – medical, legal and advocacy trends
- Implementing new and existing legislation: Moving the dial in 2017
To view past webinars please select a topic from our Resource Library.
Please click here to sign up for our mailing list to receive updates on any upcoming webinars and trainings.